GO Hub Articles - Clamperl Limited Research Day Announced in Pokemon GO!

I like that there was no mention of shiny until people actually started playing the event…if I would have known this before I woke up today, I would have made time to play…good thing it will spawn in the wild after

Does anyone know if you can get shiny feebas or clamperl in the wild after the event, or is it just an exclusive

Once released a shiny stays in the game. So you could still catch shiny Feebas or Clamperl outside of the event.

Your odds are lower though because of boosted spawns during events

Feebas is, but don’t know the rate, clamperl will most likely be available as a shiny in the wild.

Tasks are still good after 3 hours, right? I don’t plan to cash in until tomorrow and next day.

1 Like

You can stack them. Task are still valid after the event.

1 Like

Cool. I got enough rare candy saved to evolve one of them. Thanks!

I had enough for 2 evolutions. First was female, Water Pulse and according to appraisal best feature was Attack, that evolved into Gorebyss. My next attempt at evolution, I decided to make sure I had a Clamperl that had three different features - Male, Ice Blast and best feature was HP. This one turned into Huntail.

They said Wurmple evolutions was random too, but I figured out that any Wurmple evolution that had Bug Bite turned into Cascoon and any that had Tackle as attack turned into Silcoon. So far, this theory hasn’t failed.

1 Like

Its still random though. Just like Clamperl.

Trash event.
Good idea but with bad service and lag it was unplayable
After the event ended everything was better

2 Likes

I had good service, but what pissed me off was that I evolved FIVE Clamperl and they were ALL Huntail. That’s like a 3.1% chance of that happening. I’m mad…

3 Likes

I had fun gettting my 2 local stops while extending my dominance on my Instinct neighbors. They took one of my gyms while I posted to local Discord (they both are on)that I was on my way to raid. Then when I came back, someone tried to gold razz me. Seriously? Got way more than enough Max Revives than you got berries so bring it. I even did 3 fights with my neighbor that called me a Pokémon bully and still beat her each time for no rewards just because.

2 Likes

I evolved just 2 and got lucky and got one of each

1 Like

It went great. I caught 6 shinies, and even got my very first Shundo!

5 Likes

I’m sorry for all who had technical issues.
In my town everything worked fine. I got through 27 quests. I liked the new quests a lot, they were easily doable, so there was still time and space for raids (did 3 Latias - no shiny) and chats in between.
My second quest already got me a shiny Clamperl… I was surprised and a bit grumpy first. “Wait, we get the shiny?! Man… need to get at least 3 now…”
But I just continued playing. We had great weather, the spawns were good. I met people for raids and got 3 shinies. I didn’t catch the Clamperl right away, I threw a pinap berry at them (so that I can’t forget it when I finally catch them) an then just stacked them.
I the evening I took myself half an hour where I caught all mons from my research encounter stack and also evolved some Clamperl…
I was lucky enough to get both Huntail and Gorebyss from evolving two of my shinies… I even caught a shiny Krabby in the wild… This event was the absolute opposite of Feebas day. I enjoyed it a lot :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I was unlucky to have missed it again :tired_face:

Weekend event like this is already 50/50 for me

4 Likes