GO Hub Articles - Clamperl Limited Research Day Announced in Pokemon GO!

Or

Make 5 Excellent Throws in Row on Unown
Catch 1 Unown
Walk Unown for one Candy

:stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue::stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Yay. Ill be doing that in Disneyland Paris. High concentration of pokestops. Lets do this

[edit] not ā€œconcentratiekampā€ but ā€œconcentrationā€. Dutch autocorrectā€¦

2 Likes

I guess the only way Iā€™ll get one (or 2 to fill the dex) is by trading. They canā€™t do events like this in such a short window. Should have been the same way as the Spiritomb Quest.
Bah.

1 Like

Hmā€¦ You canā€™t say they wouldnā€™t listen at all. But only selectively as it seemsā€¦

(+) They removed the ā€˜shiny behind quest encounterā€™ lock. OK. Instead they are releasing a new PokĆ©mon with 2 evolutions. That makes three new dex entries. So if you are lucky, doing 3 tasks might eventually be sufficient (not considering the lack of candy though or rural players).

(+) They added additional incentives: double stardust on the (also additional) event spawns, which - coincidence? I think not - are PokƩmon that have their shinies already released.

(-) We donā€™t know the tasks yet.They have changed a lot about this event, so they might have listened about this, too. But only time will tell. But with Wailmer spawning we at least have a PokĆ©mon that makes getting nice/great/excellent throws rather easy.

(-) They announced a 3 hour event that will take place on Saturday on Tuesday, which make only 4 days of advance notice - even LESS than for Feebas day. Iā€™m lucky, I can fit this into my schedule easily this timeā€¦ but letā€™s be honest, not everyone will be this luckyā€¦

It sounds better than Feebas day, and I will play as good as I can, but itā€™s not the big thing.

Need both of the. So thatā€™s nice

Guess what, I got the Valentine announcement on the 15thā€¦ :man_facepalming:

So it could be worseā€¦

Iā€™ve one question. Any idea on the evolution mechanics of clampearl?

Hyped. I will use every second of those three hours. :smiley:

@MrHeineken88: It appears that the evolution is random.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a pain in the ass. Randomness is not the choice I would like. Since clampearl evolves with items in the games as far as I know.

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™m just going to catch as many as I can and evolve the best IVs afterwards ā€¦ and hope for the best. lol

1. Make 5 excellents in a row on mewtwo
  2. Hatch 3 shinies
  3. Transfer your whole pokedex
4 Likes
  1. Iā€™ve been working on 5 Great curves in a row for 2 months.
  2. I havenā€™t hatched a Shiny in months.
  3. Might as well start over.
3 Likes

Try Slowpoke for great curveball throws. They are pretty easy to hit.

Iā€™ve already broken up a great many throws in a row on Slowpoke. The problem is, Iā€™m just retarded.

2 Likes

Can you give it to someone else to do the task for you?

Me, didnā€™t even try to bother on any of that ā€œCurveball Throws in a Rowā€ā€¦ it is auto deleted

Unless perhaps the prize is a Mew2 or another Legendary or Mythical pokemons that I donā€™t still haveā€¦ :grin:

Throwing an ā€œExcellenct Curveballā€ in Quest is already enough hassle for me :smile: Unless perhaps my pokeballs is in ā€œauto-refillā€ mode :joy:

Patience and nanab berries are your friends.

2 Likes

Missed the curve ball so many times. Today I have been on 4 in a row for 5 times then messed up the fifth. I really hope that the research isnā€™t so time consuming.

Tasks like catch 5 water Pokemon or spin 5 stops are doable.

3 Likes

If it is just curves in a row, use nanabsā€¦they disable a pokemonā€™s dodge in the catch screenā€¦if you need typed throws, still use nanabs, but take your timeā€¦im sure everyone can aggree that when we break our streak, we are usually being impatient

1 Like

Iā€™ll get it one of these days on a Legendary.

2 Likes