Catch Rates (Legendaries)

That can be tested simple enough.

Number 367, Huntail. 0 times seen. Its not even a shade of a picture yet. All i see is the number.
Ill ask at the next raid if someone can put it in their team. Then we will know.

All I have is a year-old recollection of functional behavior noticed twice in passing - not exactly admissible evidence. Seeing the actual code would be more convincing; but that would still reveal the intended behavior, at best. Empirical observation, systematically collected through controlled tests, would give the actual behavior, though it would take a large number of tests to infer with confidence what it’s supposed to do.

I look forward to the results of your test. Knowing what it does is more valuable to me than verifying that my sloppy recall of something I wasn’t deliberately watching for was accurate.

2 Likes

I improved my percentage on Kyogre today by missing on both tries…

2 Likes

Seeing someone battling with a Pokémon that’s only known as a number in your Pokédex does not count towards your Pokédex. I still see the number 150, even though I have seen I don’t know how many Mewtwo in battles. Same with Groudon.
@Arem1771 @vorgriff3 @Robdebobrob

1 Like

True. Doesn’t it change the number to a gray-filled shape of the Pokémon in question when you see it, but don’t actually encounter it for catching or running away?

Like the Heracross entry. I’ve never been to its part of the world; but I saw one that was being used to attack a raid by somebody who had caught it in Mexico City and brought it back. The dex entry is gray, the detail page shows the fully colored image, but incomplete data:

Another that’s from out of this region that I haven’t seen at all is Corsola, which shows as number 222 and its detail page is not just incomplete, it’s not available at all.

1 Like

That’s because nobody puts it in a gym. Hopefully the Gen 2-3 regionals get unlocked during event like we had with the Gen 1s

I saw Heracross in a gym. It wasn’t until someone traded me it for an extra Kangaskhan I had–from the Ultra Bonus Event from last year–when I finally got one.

If youve battled it in a gym i think it counts as 1 seen. Only happens for the first 1 though.
Either that or when youre in a gym with 1 from your own team.

1 Like

Updated chart; finally reached 90% catch rate!

The 90% excludes the Mesprit reports.

1 Like

Raid%20Catch%20Percentage

Took a ghetto shot of my legendary catches, but looks like I have an average catch rate of 93%.

2 Likes

With Entei and Armored Mewtwo done for me, this actually jumped quite a bit.

1 Like