ARCore Phones - What do you have?

So, I just upgraded my phone today to a Huawei P20 Pro… of the 3 or 4 phones I could get as a free upgrade, it seems to have the specs I wanted and was listed as being ARCore compatible.

Pokemon Go crashes every time. After some research it seems hit/miss with these phones based on which version it is. ie. I have CLT-L04 (C792)… Huawei forum has a 7 month old thread of users who can’t get it working so looks like Huawei/Google aren’t in a rush to fix it. But I also read someone with a CLT-L09 has one and works fine.

So… screw the Google official list of phones that work with ARCore… what do you guys have? I have 2 weeks to decide to keep or exchange the phone and although a rather useless feature, I hate getting something new being told a feature will work, and it doesn’t.

So… what do YOU have and know from personal experience to work with ARCore?

1 Like

Went from iphone5s to iphone7. The difference is beyond belief. Any other iphone above 7 is probably even better than what i currently have. I am happy with it. No problems, crashes anything. If there is any problems with Go, it’s Niantic’s fault and i blame them swiftly.

Inb4iphonesux

1 Like

I’m on a Galaxy A5 2017. Pretty solid here, no crashes with ARCore, so I don’t think Samsung has a problem with it above the J line.

I was debating the A8… Was a coin toss between it and the Huawei… The s8 and s9 have the curved edges, which I dislike, though would take curved edges over an iPhone any day. :slight_smile:

1 Like