General Chat - Altaria low CP at max. Why?

Why the heck is Altaria’s CP so weak? This pokemon takes 400 candies to evolve and my max CP Swablu evolves into a 1585 CP Altaria (I’m level 28). Gyrados CP max at my level is like 2500 (I’m assuming, I don’t have a gyrados yet) so why is Altaria’s CP drastically lower? Many other Pokemon that require only 50 candies are close to 2000 CP so I just understand why Altaria would be so low for that many candies. Extremely disappointed. Well that’s my rant… don’t expect anything to be changed

1 Like

Altaria is considered a good pokemon because of its max cp, even though it has a 1800 max cp. And Wailord is harder to get with a 2200 max cp!

CP isn’t calculated on “amount of candies taken to evolve”. It’s to do with the Pokemon’s base stats.

10 Likes

I evolved my first one just to fill the pokedex. I have enough candy now to evolve a 2nd but I’m going to wait until I catch a Shiny.

I have 387 candies! Trying to find more so I can evolve right now.:laughing:

Deserves buff.

1 Like

Swablu is extremely common here. It’s so common that I skip most that I encounter, but eventually evolved one (100% IV) anyway. Still gathering candies to evolve my 100% IV Wailmer though. With a bit of luck, I’ll have one hatch from an egg today, that should be enough to do it.

Heh, I’ve evolved one Altaria so far and am now sitting on 1531 candies. Hopefully the mega evolution (if we ever get it) is a good one…

1 Like

Probably a combination of weather and biome. I live in a region that’s bordering a forest on one side, grassland on the other, with a river and a canal running past.
Looking it up on open maps, the town is mostly labeled as grass-land or park (buildings do not change whether a biome is city or grassland or whatever, that’s primarily decided by the zoning type applied to the area.) But, it’s not a pure grass biome. Biomes also tend to blend a little into eachother. So, the specific biome I live in has elements from grassland (its primary biome type) and forest (blended in from the nearby forest). If I walk a kilometer south into the forest, I’d be in a forest biome that has grassland elements.

And it’s that biome blend which probably causes all these Swablus to spawn all over the place. It’s not a nest, it’s a rather large 4 square kilometer area with half a dozen gyms and three times as many pokestops where it’s “Swablu, Swablu, everywhere, and not a shiny thing”.

I have a shiny altaria :yum:

2 Likes

It’s weak in the original games and Swablu is very common

2 Likes

Altaria probably takes 400 candy due of its type (100 is low with spawrate like this)

Why nerf any pokemon? if it’s a beast it’s a beast. So be it. If your weak your weak so be it. I aint using a pidgey to win battles. But a fierce dragon should be strong af. :unamused:

1 Like

I know right

I support this 101% Altaria CP is very low It should be atleast 2300cp

What would that change
And how would you change that?

The nerfs are because without them the pokemon such as mewtwo and the weather trio’s would be so high there would be no reason to use any other mon. Think of it as before when STAB didnt matter in the game it was all dragonites or vaporeans. The whole community complained and a whole rework of pokemon stats conversion took place with a buff to STAB. This is why many other mons now have a place in the meta and went from useless to usefull.

What difference would that make CP is just a reflection of a mons stats. If you changed it from 1868 to 2300 with no change in stats it would still be useless.

Like i said.

If your weak your weak. It’s already stale with the use of same mons over and over.

And i never understood the logic of “if i raise the cp the stats dont go up” If the stats make the CP the higher the CP is increased “somewhere” in the stats had to be also increased.

We arent saying just raise the CP number we are saying

“raise the stats which raise the cp” and if your weak your weak so be it, your at bottom of food chain go evolve. Thats how nature works. Why do you think pokemon even evolve, cause their weak. Nerfing isn’t needed.

Thats like saying the real game should be fixed to be equal. NO! If my dragonite is dominating evey other mon. Then RESPECT it, cause it is a dragon! Use ice to have type advantage. Stats shouldn’t be nerfed. Let alone make an entire type weak cause their “rare” or whatever silly reasoning.

It’s like saying A rocket does 100 dmg but cause your HP is 100 they nerfed it to 50. In real life your gonna get blown away regardless.

Thats just my thought. I see alot of people “liveeeee” off stats and knowing the stats, but stats are pretty pointless if their not even accurate or reflecting what their suppose to be. Let alone we gotta search the stats of pokemon which they should show. :man_shrugging:t5:

This just gonna lead to a heated discussion. But like i said; if your strong your suppose to be strong. Could honestly careless a bout a weak pokemon unless it’s one my favourites. Now i sound like Team Rocket but i guess i am since i made my mon Strong to dominate not to be friends.

Thats how nature works in real life but this is pokemon my friend. Real life ≠ Pokemon world.
Its already stale with the same mons over and over you say? How about those mon only being reduced to 4 sound better because thats what it would be without the nerfs. Make a entire type weak because they are rare? How are stats pointless there a direct representation of the game? They are accurate and reflect what they are from the handheld games.