Alolan Pokemon in Pokemon Go

alolan-pokemon

Says it all

OMFG NIANTIC WTF😱
Why niantic

I’ve never played Pokemon games past gen 3 so can someone fill me in as to what these Pokemon are?

Also, link to the article: https://pokemongolive.com/en/post/alolakanto-pokemon/

In Pokemon Sun And Moon they added in new forms of kanto pokemon, such as these

Do you know if their stats are any different or is it just appearance?

I think alolan geodude will come in adventure week

Their stats are different to an extent

A regional variant (Japanese: リージョンフォーム Region Form) is a species of Pokémon found in a specific region that takes on a different form than it does in most other regions. These Pokémon have uniquely adapted to habitats that are different than those where its species naturally live in other parts of the world. As such, many things may be different about them, from their appearance and way of living to even their type, moves, Abilities, base stats and height and weight. This is analogous to peripatric speciation in regards to real world phenomena, where a population that is isolated from the rest of the species develop unique traits and eventually evolve into a new species.

Very interesting

Regular raichu

Alola raichu

Raichu = Electric
Alola Raichu = Electric/Psychic
Geodude = Rock/Ground
Alola Geodude = Rock/Electric
Exeggutor = Grass/Psychic
Alola Exeggutor = Grass/Dragon
There are about 30 of them
Alola Vulpix is the best imo.
Vulpix = Fire
Alola Vulpix = Ice

They all keep main type. Will they appear in wild or like shinies

They’re just like every other Pokémon in game, I seriously doubt they’ll be like shinies

They’ll be like hat pikachu. In the code, very different but like hat pika in game. I do wonder how they will work in terms of shinies, however.

No they dont keep their main type

Only half of them keep their main type
Sandshrew’s line, Vulpix’s line Meowth’s line and marowak all ditch their Kanto typing and replace it with new a new type(s)

Anyway, as a collector I love them.

I kinda wish they did something with Ride Pokémon

Something like this?

imagen

Sorry, was a joke, it’s more like this, correct?

imagen

Would be a good idea

Stats are definately different(https://rankedboost.com/pokemon-sun-moon/alolan). And each pokemon should have a larger move pool, as well as having a different typing i.e. exeggutor is grass/dragon, not grass/psychic like in PoGo