General Chat - A Few Tips To Become A Good Pokémon Go Trainer

@ImNotReallyANerd I don’t really know what’s happening here. @Pokemon said „Or correcting mistakes, if you’re @Jormdeworm” but I don’t really know where he’s talking about.

With

I asked where he’s talking about, but instead of replying he liked my post. Can somebody tell me what I missed? I don’t know :sweat_smile::thinking:

@Jormdeworm I was lost too lol. Can you elaborate @Pokemon?

2 Likes

IVs dont matter if you dont plan to power up

1 Like

I guess @Pokemon simply meant, now that you know (you probably already knew but just didn’t care, just like me…when the bag is full, it needs purge…) that berries can be converted to stardust quite easily, you will do this in the future and not make the “mistake” of throwing them away again.

2 Likes

Oh lol😂 I do think the same now.

1 Like

Hey @ImNotReallyANerd can we make this family friendly and we can then publish it on the Hub?

1 Like

I guess many people can use it tho.

@apavlinovic sure. :slightly_smiling_face:

Honeslty: this is a nice guide but not worth posting on the HUB. For new players like @simmy this is nice but in noway teaches him how to play the game. There are way better (youtube) guides for that.

To clarify some more: there is no mention of powering up pokemon / stardust or IV checking. Something any new player needs to know is:

• farm dust
  • farm candy
  • check IV of every pokemon you catch.
  • Only power up pokemon if they are in the high 90 percentages. And even then i’d advise not because low level pokemon require way too much stardust and candy to power up. Once you’re higher level you can lower that % becasue you’ll get more dust/candy and could use some good pokemon.
  • PoGo is not like the main series where you get xp for your pokemon(!!!). You as a trainer get XP and pokemon leveling = stardust and candy. Worst thing a new player can do is spend all dust and candy on low IV low level eevee just because he heared Vaporeon is good (just an example)
  • level 20 = max level for your eggs. Egg hatching below level 20 is not worth it.
  • level 30 is when the real game starts. Mostly because of the max level 35 weatherboosted pokemon but also because you can find the same pokemon as everyone else. A wild 100% level 20 ralts for a non-level 30 player can be a level 25 22% ralts (this can really happen). As players most likely join some sort of community, this is not to be underestimated. This is the point where i’d start seriously filtering the good pokemon to power up and invest in. Untill TL30, i’d just wing it and piggyback with raids for easy XP

Don’t get me wrong, the original post is good, but if you’re really honest: how does it help players like @simmy learn the game? Rule 1 is a keeper though

2 Likes

True but everything you just said was rolled into step 9. I could sit here and go on for a long time about everything such as what/when to power up, what are TMs, stats and movesets and why they too matter but then it would take away from the community aspect of the game. Part of my knowledge is based on asking the community and making mistakes. Both very healthy in your growth in my opinion and I really don’t want to slam them with so much content. I look at the look on some of their faces and they stare back at me as if I was speaking another language. I don’t agree nothing under 91% should be powered up though. A good attack is all you need if you understand breakpoints but again that is some advanced info lol. But perhaps I could add something for stardust.

Thats just for pros
The chance you get a stronng pokemon on 90 ivs is almost impossible

1 Like

@KingQ07 not really pros. It’s all luck.

Interesting. But do new players even know about Go Hub. Is the question.

When i first started i never searched anything i just played and found things out. Maybe 6 months later is when i started youtubing and searching more in depth and now i’m here. Let alone i was here way before i registered for forum.

None the less a good guide is a good guide to success.

3 Likes

How do you turn berries into stardust? Is there a certain button combination you press or do you go to a certain place?

Feed berries to gym

1 Like

Go to a gym that your team controls and click on the mons in it. The berries will load up for you to feed them. For every berry you feed a mon, (I use nanabs for this) you get 20 stardust and boost your gym reputation.
Also if you have a mon in a gym, click on it and there should be a “Go to gym” button. It will take you to that gym and you can feed your mon and the others with it. That’s how most of us defend our mons in gyms. We give them a gold raspberry and restore all their health.

1 Like

You mean 20 stardust per berry, right? Or else I’m feeding the wrong kind of berries to gyms :joy: if you use a starpiece (I would advise using one only if you plan to use it in a Pokémon-dense area for the full 30 min!) you can get 30 dust per berry. It adds up if you have lots of them to dump.

2 Likes

Lol yes that’s exactly what I mean. If you really think about it’s all stardust. Why throw out a task that gives you 10 nanabs? I just look at it as stardust. The only berries I think anyone should keep are pinaps and goldens. Maybe I’ll keep like 20 or so purple razzes to feed those ridiculously hard natu and murkrow but that’s it. The rest are getting eaten.

1 Like

Do you think the amnt of dust you get for a catch should increase with trainer level?? Mainly because of the ever-increasing power-up costs?!?!

Nah. I think it’s fine how it is now. We’d be too OP. Niantic doesn’t want that